Maggie Austin Studio
Welcome to your creative oasis... in the heart of Historic Old Town Alexandria, Virginia.
Maggie Austin Studio is opening her doors to you.
Leave the chaos behind and reserve a private week at the Studio with the equipment, tool Library, and photography setup you need to create your most inspired work. Serenity is included.
Take a (much deserved!) break~
When is the last time you gave your inner artist the gift of undivided attention? Obligations and distractions can turn creative work into just another unchecked box on an unending "to do" list. Not to mention the daunting expense of purchasing and storing cutters and molds and petal dusts and fondant... Maggie Austin Studio invites you to leave it all behind.
Become a Maggie Austin Studio artist~
Five days of transformation. With lofty ceilings and carefully restored antique factory windows, sunlight fills the intimate space. Be inspired by the artful touches throughout including a dramatic fireplace surround from the 1800's, gilt mirrors, antique rugs, and a stunning handmade floral chandelier.
Our studio. Your sanctuary.
During your five days at the Studio, make sugar flowers and decorate faux tiers using Maggie's entire Library of decorating and design materials... from silicone molds to hand-painted backdrops to a curated collection of cake stands. Build a portfolio to reach your dream client or simply embrace your inner artist and have a restorative retreat.
Support is the cornerstone of creativity~
Meet with Maggie each morning at the Studio for an encouraging review and refocus on the day's plan. Picnic in the thoughtfully composed garden space and stroll to a local cafe for a glass of wine at the close of your day.
The Library @ the Studio~
Kitchen Aid mixers
Pasta roller attachments
Floral wire and tape
Styrofoam supports for flowers
Wafer paper, edible lace, edible film
Petal and luster dusts
CelPads, CelBoards, CelPins
*Need faux tiers? We will be happy to facilitate your order.
- $3,500 for Just You
- $5,500 for a Party of Two
- The Studio will be open to you from 9am to 6pm each day.
- We will reach out to you to schedule your dates.
Interested in learning more from Maggie during your residency? Explore the Educational Add-ons
- While we are unable to issue refunds, we will do our best to place you in a future workshop if you need to cancel. Just give us a call or send an email to discuss.
- We reserve the right to cancel at any time due to weather emergencies, illness, venue availability, or other circumstances beyond our control. If we cancel the workshop, we will issue you a full tuition refund.
- We are following all local, state, and federal COVID-19 guidelines. Any studio time cancelled due to mandatory closure will be rescheduled.