From Inspiration to Realization: The Cake Design Process
About the workshop
The creative path can seem mysterious. Let Maggie show you the way.
In an innovative five-day workshop, Maggie will be your mentor as you design and execute your own unique two-tier cake.
- First, evaluate a collection of design boards curated by Maggie and discover simple ways of filtering visual information.
- Then, choose one design board that resonates with you. This will be your inspiration for creating your own faux cake.
- Next, learn how to sketch your design with both clarity and flexibility. Maggie's feedback will help you articulate your vision.
- Finally, execute your design using innovative fondant and sugar flower techniques. Maggie will guide you every step of the way and discuss how to use components of single design as a portfolio-building collection.
- A comprehensive photo session rounds out your workshop. As always, Jess will pack up your masterpiece for a safe trip home!
Tuition is $1600
10am to 4pm each day
Maggie Austin Studio is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA 22314
All supplies and materials provided for in-class use and lunch will be served. See our Staying Safe Policy for this initial phase of reopening.
- While we are unable to issue refunds, we will do our best to place you in a future workshop if you need to cancel. Just give us a call or send an email to discuss.
- We reserve the right to cancel the workshop at any time due to weather emergencies, illness, venue availability, or other circumstances beyond our control. If we cancel the workshop, we will issue you a full tuition refund.