The Small Group Mentorship Program
This work is no piece of cake.
Running your own business is hard. Let us help.
Limited to four students per session, this unique two-day coaching course brings together a small group of carefully selected applicants who are professional and pre-professional cake designers.
Maggie and Jess will guide the comprehensive review of your individual business, bringing their own insights and experience to the table. The application process ensures that everyone is a good fit for the program.
One goal: a better path forward for you and your business.
Each designer will benefit from~
- Portfolio review and development with constructive critique
- Website evaluation
- Creative exercises using case-study inspiration boards
- Confidence-building presentation techniques that bring out your best self
- Articulation of a brand-identity that speaks from the heart
- Coaching on client interaction and design concept development
- Sketching and description exercises with easy-to-use templates
- Pricing structures for sustainable growth within the local market
- Marketing techniques for effective social media communication
- Networking strategies for industry professionals
- Practical insights into kitchen rentals, buildouts, permitting, and inspections
- Dedicated one-on-one time with Maggie (plus Jess!)
- Sessions are held at Maggie Austin Studio in Alexandria, VA.
- Tuition is $2,000 for a two-day session
- Session 1 is July 8- 9, 2021
- Session 2 is August 8- 9, 2021
- Eligibility is determined by application only. We want to make sure we're a good fit for your needs.