From Inspiration to Realization: The Cake Design Process
About the workshop
Your design. Maggie's mentorship.
In an innovative five-day workshop, Maggie will be your guide as you design and execute your own unique two-tier cake. Think of it as studio time with individual instruction- the best of all worlds!
- First, choose from a collection of design boards curated by Maggie or bring your own inspiration for your faux cake.
- Next, learn how to sketch your design with both clarity and flexibility. Maggie's feedback will help you articulate your vision.
- Finally, create your design using innovative fondant and sugar flower techniques. Maggie will mentor you every step of the way, teaching execution techniques and providing artistic guidance.
- A comprehensive photo session rounds out your workshop. As always, Jess will pack up your masterpiece for a safe trip home!
Tuition is $1680
10am to 4pm each day
Maggie Austin Studio is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA 22314
All supplies and materials provided for in-class use and lunch will be served. See our Staying Safe Policy.
- While we are unable to issue refunds, we will do our best to place you in a future workshop if you need to cancel. Just give us a call or send an email to discuss.
- We reserve the right to cancel the workshop at any time due to weather emergencies, illness, venue availability, or other circumstances beyond our control. If we cancel the workshop, we will issue you a full tuition refund.