Inspired Design: A Practical Approach to the Creative Process
About the workshop
We're taught that creativity is something you're born with (or not). We're taught that inspiration is something that strikes like a bolt of lightening (or not). We are overwhelmed and isolated with disjointed Pinterest boards and half-finished projects and looming client deadlines.
It's time to let it all go.
In an innovative four-day workshop, Maggie invites you to unlearn, unwind, and open yourself up to a different path to custom cake design that reflects your unique artistry. This is no cookie-cutter class. This is your vision coming to life.
This intimate session has limited enrollment and is all hands-on.
- First, evaluate a wide-ranging collection of design boards curated by Maggie and discover simple ways of filtering visual information.
- Then, choose one design board that resonates for you. This will be your inspiration for creating your own unique faux two-tiered cake.
- Next, learn how to sketch your design with both clarity and flexibility. Maggie's feedback will help you articulate your vision.
- Finally, execute your design using innovative fondant techniques and large-scale sugar flowers. Maggie will guide you every step of the way. The creative energy in the room will be palpable!
- As a special treat, Jess will demonstrate a fun (and inexpensive) way of making your own canvas photo backgrounds.
Tuition is $1300
10am to 4pm each day
River Farm, 7931 East Boulevard Drive, Alexandria, VA 22308
All supplies and materials provided for in-class use. Lunch will be served.
- While we are unable to issue refunds, we will do our best to place you in a future workshop if you need to cancel. Just give us a call or send an email to discuss.
- We reserve the right to cancel the workshop at any time due to weather emergencies, illness, venue availability, or other circumstances beyond our control. If we cancel the workshop, we will issue you a full tuition refund.