The Wedding Intensive
About the workshop
Join Maggie at the Studio for a five-day comprehensive course that combines technical instruction with discussion and demonstration in a nurturing and empowering environment.
Create a faux tiered design that includes:
- Gumpaste flowers: David Austin rose, classic rose, dahlia, hydrangea, leaves
- Combined decorating techniques: frills, rosettes, bas relief molding, pearls, wafer paper appliqués
Learn from discussions of topics that include:
- Working with color: identifying warm/cool/neutral, matching Pantones, creating a palette
- Meeting with clients: discussing design, preparing for a tasting, structuring the pricing
- Presenting the design: production flow, photography tips, delivering with a CakeSafe, displaying on a cakestand
*this is student work
Tuition is $1600 for the five day Wedding Intensive Workshop
10am to 4pm each day
All supplies and materials provided for in-class use and lunch will be served. See our Staying Safe Policy for this initial phase of reopening.
Maggie Austin Studio is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA 22314
- While we are unable to issue refunds, we will do our best to place you in a future workshop if you need to cancel. Just give us a call or send an email to discuss.
- We reserve the right to cancel the workshop at any time due to weather emergencies, illness, venue availability, or other circumstances beyond our control. If we cancel the workshop, we will issue you a full tuition refund.
- We are following all local, state, and federal COVID-19 guidelines. Any workshop cancelled due to mandatory closure will be rescheduled.